Senior Workflow Developer (Geoscience)
Compensation: $107,410.00 - $124,340.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Senior Workflow Developer (Geoscience) Spring, TX Our client, a world leader in the oil and gas industry, is looking for a passionate and self starting Senior Workflow Developer in Geoscience to join their upstream technical computing team. This is a direct hire position with mentorship responsibilities and opportunities to progress into leadership role in a few years. Developers with background in Petrel and other subsurface interpretation applications are highly desirable. Selected candidate must be eligible for direct employment without sponsorship and must be willing to relocate and based in Spring, TX. Compensation includes: Annual Salary + Pension Plan + Full Benefits + Perks. Interested candidates, please indicate your expected annual salary in your application. Job Responsibilities: The Senior Workflow Developer (Geoscience) will be part of the Upstream Technical Computing teams deliver industry-leading business capabilities and computational sciences through proprietary, commercial-grade software in an Agile environment. You will:
- Develop and support for Geoscience workflows (e.g. interpretation and geophysical algorithms, proprietary plug-in development, and proprietary application development) in the Windows operating system.
- Work closely with business owners, developers, GeoScientists and project managers to execute all aspects of application development.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and directions to Junior Developers.
- Take the lead in highly technical and more challenging development works.
- Develop queries and build data model.
- Challenge the status quo and always be willing to learn and contribute in new ways.
Job Requirements (Must Have):
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Must have software development experience in Oil & Gas upstream sector.
- Minimum of seven years of experience developing, deploying, and supporting web-based applications including front-end, business logic and data layers.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft tool set with emphasis on C# and WPF.
- Experience building & testing .NET applications
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Python, C/C++.
- Functional and automated testing experience with different frameworks.
- Experience with design patterns for code designs and unit testing.
- Experience with Agile development practices & software development.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities (e.g., delivering value; formal/informal leadership; mentorships).
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with software developers and domain experts.
- Adapatable to change.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Candidate with Geoscience and/or Geoscience support experience.
- Experience with Geoscience applications (e.g., Petrel, Studio, RokDoc, TechLog).
- Petrel or equivalent workflow development experience.
- Petrel workflow development experience.
- Experience of the REST architectural style and implementing REST APIs using ASP.Net Web API, Node.js, or Flask.
- Experience building data models & data access layers against either SQL or NoSQL databases. Experience building, deploying, and supporting on Cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, or Google).
- Experience participating in the user centered design process.
Regret that only candidates that meet all the must have requirements will be considered for this role.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: earth, earth science, earthquake, gis, oceanographic, petroleum, petrophysicist, planet, seismicity, terrestrial
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...